Wednesday, November 3, 2010

MIKE NESS DISCUSSED: TOMORROW NIGHT ON THE CATHOLIC CHANNEL

Longtime readers of No Expiration know that every few weeks, I pop up on SIRIUS XM's Catholic Channel's Busted Halo Show to discuss the music of a certain artist. Last time it was Annie Lennox. Tomorrow night it will be the music of Social Distortion leader Mike Ness.  If you've read this blog, you know that I'm a huge fan - I saw them this summer and they blew me away, as they have every time I've seen them... starting with a bizarre arena gig in 1990, where they were the opening band on a bill with Neil Young & Crazy Horse and Sonic Youth at Nassau Coliseum.

Anyway, sin and redemption has always been a theme throughout Ness' music (including his solo albums, which I'll touch on tomorrow night as well) and I think that that makes him perfect for discussion on Busted Halo.  Also, I'm going to see them tomorrow night at Roseland Ballroom right after I leave Father Dave's studio! So expect a review in the next few days.

No comments: