Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"CHIMES OF FREEDOM" - THE BOB DYLAN TRIBUTE

Amnesty International recently released Chimes Of Freedom: The Songs of Bob Dylan Honouring 50 Years Of Amnesty International. I wonder if it started out as a single CD.  It's a 4 CD set.  And you could probably fill four more CDs with amazing songs that aren't on this one, and artists who couldn't have been included.

I really dig it, and was glad to discuss it today on The Morning Jolt with Larry Flick -- it was my return to the show after more than a month away.  It was great to hang out with Larry and Keith Price again.

Anyway, I'm not reviewing Chimes right now: instead, I'm going to tweet a review of a different song each day for the next 72 days.  Follow me at @noexpiration, or search the hashtag #chimesoffreedom.  I'll probably aggregate all of them in a post when I'm done.

2 comments:

Roger said...

It was good to have you back on The Morning Jolt with Larry and Keith. I for one am a fan of yours and enjoy the fresh perspective that you give to music. I have purchased many cds that would have gone unnoticed if not for your bringing them to our attention. Thank you.

Roger in Kansas

B. Ives said...

Roger - thanks so much, that's about the most flattering thing you could have possibly said to me. Thank you.