Sunday, July 10, 2011

YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED: MICK JAGGER AND RAPHAEL SAADIQ

I happened upon this by accident when I was looking to see if Mick Jagger's new group Super Heavy had any songs on iTunes. It's Mick's cover of Solomon Burke's "Everybody Needs Somebody To Love," backed by Raphael Saadiq and his band, at this year's Grammy Awards. It was one of the highlights of the show, in my opinion. I didn't realize that the performance was released on iTunes, so I figured I'd share the news.

By the way, Mick's group Super Heavy also features Indian composer and pop star A.R. Rahman (famous in the U.S. for scoring Slumdog Millionaire), Joss Stone, Damien Marley and Dave Stewart. I think they're using Marley's backing band on the album.   I'm definitely looking forward to hearing more of this. But it would have been cool if Mick and Raphael worked together after the Grammys.  Raphael's Stone Rollin' is a one of the best albums of the year.

P.S. I got the image from this blog.

No comments: