Monday, August 25, 2008

METALLICA: "THE DAY THAT NEVER COMES"

Is there any band that people root against more than Metallica? There are a bunch of reasons why: the fact that they are just so huge, the napster thing, James Hetfield is seen as a brutish redneck, people hate Lars Ulrich, blah blah blah.

All I know is that I became a fan between Ride The Lightning and Master Of Puppets. I thought they made most other metal bands look silly. I saw them absolutely destroy Ozzy Osbourne when they opened for him (it was probably one of their last shows with Cliff Burton). I didn't love "The Black Album" (although I love certain songs on it, mainly "Sad But True" and "The Unforgiven"). Nor did I love Load or Reload. Or St. Anger. But I still am optimistic about their upcoming album. I just bought the single "The Day That Never Comes," which I like. I will buy the album in a record store the day it comes out, and I look forward to seeing them live next year.

No comments: