Monday, March 15, 2010


I write a lot about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, because I like the fact that there is a museum  honoring the music and the culture that has meant so much to me. That may sound sappy, but there it is. I was so happy to see The Stooges get in this year. And now, I think that Jann Wenner needs to get over himself and admit that KISS have influenced WAY more artists than most of the inductees in the Hall. (I've been subscribing to Rolling Stone magazine for over two decades, so I'm not a Jann-hater). But a poll on Fuse's website lists a bunch of potential inductees for 2011, 86% of the votes went to "the hottest band in the world." The other 22 choices split the other 14%. All right, so Warlock and Green Jelly probably weren't serious choices. But The Red Hot Chili Peppers and LL Cool J and The Flaming Lips are on there, they ain't no joke. But I submit that Alice Cooper, The MC5, Motorhead, Tom Waits, The Cure, The New York Dolls, Warren Zevon and Emmylou Harris would be good choices.

No comments: