Saturday, June 25, 2011

OUR WEDDING MIX

My wife and I will celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary in a few weeks, but given recent events, I thought it would be cool to post the tracklist from the CD that we gave out at our wedding.  OK, it was a double CD, it was really difficult to edit it down!

I'm so glad that our gay brothers and sisters are now allowed the same legal rights (in New York, and a few other places) that my wife and I take for granted. I won't presume to tell religions what they should recognize, but I do think that we should all have the same legal rights. I'll dedicate this one to my friend and former boss, Dane Hall, who I wish lived to see this day. Dane, if you're reading this, I still disagree with your theories on Susanna Hoffs. OK, onward!

Billie Holiday - "Come Rain Or Come Shine"
Billie Holiday - "They Can't Take That Away From Me"
Ray Charles - "Ain't That Love"
Buddy Holly - "Everyday"
Paul McCartney - "Every Night"
The Beatles - "Here, There and Everywhere"
Smokey Robinson & The Miracles - "I Second That Emotion"
Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - "You're All I Need To Get By"
The Temptations - "The Way You Do The Things You Do"
Stevie Wonder- "I Believe (When I Fall In Love It Will Be Forever)"
Stevie Wonder - "As"
Al Green - "Let's Stay Together"
Otis Redding - "That's How Strong My Love Is"
Ben Harper - "Gold To Me"
Neil Young - "Harvest Moon"
Chris Whitley - "Spanish Harlem Incident"
Joan Osborne - "To Make You Feel My Love"
Aretha Franklin - "Baby I Love You"
Bonnie Raitt - "Thing Called Love"
Prince - "Nothing Compares 2 U"
Sade - "By Your Side"
Ben Harper - "By My Side"
Ben Harper - "Not Fire, Not Ice"
Cowboy Junkies - "Angel Mine"
The Indigo Girls - "Least Complicated"
Emmylou Harris - "One Big Love"
Pearl Jam - "Thin Air"
Bruce Springsteen - "Prove It All Night"
The Ramones - "I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend"
Elton John - "The One"
John Hiatt - "Have A Little Faith In Me"
Etta James - "At Last"
Bruce Springsteen - "If I Should Fall Behind"

No comments: