Tuesday, June 14, 2011

TOMORROW ON OUTQ: SUMMER, SUMMER SUMMER

It's that time! I love summer. Outdoor concerts, no jackets, fun movies and cool tunes. So, tomorrow on SiriusXM OutQ's The Morning Jolt with Larry Flick, I'm going to talk about some of my favorite summer jams. And, it gives me a chance to talk about one of my favorite modern groups, The Cocktail Slippers, whose "In The City" is a summer classic. I'm really looking forward to their next album, which will be their first with new singer Ms. Liberty. Anyway, here's the "In The City" video from their last album, St. Valentine's Day Massacre. I listened to it again today, it's just an incredible album.



Another band from the Nordic corner of the world is The Jessica Fletchers. I don't really follow them as much, but their song "Summer Holiday and Me" is one of my favorite summer jams ever. Check out the video here.

Finally is this group Foster The People. I don't know if they have staying power, but I filmed them recently at my job at SiriusXM, and this song "Pumped Up Kicks" is pretty damn catchy. Here's the acoustic version they did for us.



I'll post the list of songs that we play tomorrow, as well as some that I didn't get around to.

No comments: