Monday, February 2, 2009

LES CLAYPOOL'S NEW ALBUM


I always look forward to hearing what Les Claypool is going to come up with next. I was kind of hoping that at some point, Primus would put out a new album (that doesn't look like it's going to happen, but hopefully they'll still tour) or that Oysterhead might reunite. But for now, it seems like he's sticking to solo stuff, which is fine too. Of Fungi and Foe, the follow up to 2006's Of Whales and Woe, will be out on March 17. It's inspiried by work that he did for an upcoming film Pig Hunt and a wii game Mushroom Men.
Les' music can really clear a room, but the people who stick around after everyone else has left... they tend to be really interesting people. Which I think is what Les is going for. I still haven't seen Les' jam band mockumentary Electric Apricot, I gotta check that out.
Also this year: Les is releasing his own wine, Purple Pachyderm. I wonder if he had help from Tool/A Perfect Circle frontman Maynard James Keenan, who is way into his winery.

No comments: