Tuesday, January 22, 2008

MIKE PATTON DOESN'T TOTALLY RULE OUT FAITH NO MORE REUNION

In a recent interview with Artisan News, Mike Patton discussed Faith No More and didn't totally rule out a reunion! I know I've gotten a bit excited here about reunions by The Kinks and R.E.M., so I shouldn't even repeat this.

But Patton, an artist with a vision if ever there was one, and a guy who has absolutely no use for nostalgia, usually bristles at the idea. So the fact that he doesn't totally rule it out is cool. Although he does say "I wouldn't rule it out. I don't think we would need to reform the band, but maybe there's other things we can do together." But, what are they gonna do, get together and not perform Faith No More songs? Although, knowing how perverse Patton is, I could see that happening. He loves to mess with an audience. But that would just be cruel. Here's hoping this is the first step in a reunion.

No comments: