Tuesday, January 22, 2008

ROBERT PLANT: THE TOUR IS ON!

That is, Robert Plant's tour with Alison Krauss. Of course, Led Zeppelin fans (at least those who don't care about any music post-1979) will be disappointed that this pushes off any Zep dates for a few months. But you've got to give the guy credit for turning down the big bucks to follow his artistic muse.

Their U.S. and U.K. dates are scheduled in April and May, though, which leaves the summer open for Zeppelin. Robert has been saying that he's going to do a solo album with Raising Sand producer T-Bone Burnett this year, and that he wants to do another album with Alison as well. I'll definitely go to the Robert/Alison show if they play my town. But I have to admit, I'd probably go to see Zeppelin if I had the chance. Maybe they could tour with Uncle Earl - the bluegrass band that John Paul Jones produced (and occasionally performs with).

See the dates at Pollstar.

No comments: