Thursday, April 15, 2010

ROBBIE ROBERTSON: NEW ALBUM?

I write a lot about Levon Helm, the drummer and singer from The Band. But I'm also a big fan of guitarist/songwriter/producer Robbie Robertson's post-Band career, although he hasn't done much lately. In an interview with Mojo to promote the soundtrack to Martin Scorsese's Shutter Island (which he produced), Robbie mentioned that he's working on a solo album that will be the guitar heaviest thing he's done since he toured with Bob Dylan back in the '70s. Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood, Tom Morello and Robert Randolph guest on the album with him. That's pretty cool! His last album was 1998's Contact From The Underworld Of Redboy (which I loved, but I know a lot of people dismissed it).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

any idea when this album will be released?

B. Ives said...

Hi! No, I wish I knew. when I find out, I will share the info on twitter at twitter.com/noexpiration. and I'm sure I'll write about the album here as well!