Monday, July 28, 2008

MAGIC IN THE NIGHT: BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & THE E STREET BAND AT GIANTS STADIUM

I got to Giants Stadium really early for tonight's concert by Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band. I spent $95 on the ticket through Ticketmaster, which somehow became about $110. Then I paid $20 to park in the lot. So, I'm sitting in my seat for a while, reading the latest issue of Backstreets (less expensive than a tour program, but there's more to read there) and wondering, in general, about why I spend that much money on concerts. 

And then Bruce walked onto the stage and kicked off the show with "Tenth Avenue Freezeout." 

The band, and that band, make each concert "The Superbowl of Rock and Roll" every night. I'll have a full review tomorrow. And I know I won't be able to go to so many concerts forever. But I'm glad I've chosen well lately: there haven't been many shows lately that I've walked out of feeling lukewarm. 

No comments: