Tuesday, July 29, 2008

THIS WEEK ON OUTQ

Having seen the Neil Young's Crosby Stills Nash & Young tour doc Deja Vu, I thought that it would be interesting not just to talk about it this week on Larry Flick's OutQ show, but also to bring up the topic of politics in music. 

Also on the political tip is the debut album by Rage Against The Machine frontman Zach de la Rocha, One Day As A Lion

I'll probably also talk about the Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band shows that I saw this week. I've wondered why last time he toured with the E Street Band, he played 10 nights at Giants Stadium, plus three at Shea, and this time he's just doing three Giants Stadium shows: is it because he has turned off fans with his politics? 

I've also wanted to talk about the Body of War soundtrack. Hopefully this will be interesting, and people won't want to kill me. I think the next topic will be less controversial: do any artists make better albums on their own than with their bands (since Amy Ray of The Indigo Girls and Conor Oberst of Bright Eyes have solo albums coming out). 

No comments: