Wednesday, July 23, 2008

U2's TUESDAY iTUNES SURPRISE

Yesterday U2 released remastered versions of their first three albums, Boy, October and War, which I knew about in advance. What I didn't know was that they also releasing Live From Paris, recorded on The Joshua Tree tour, on iTunes. It's the audio of the concert included on the DVD of The Joshua Tree deluxe reissue, which came out last year. But, for those of us who don't have a DVD player hooked up to a CD burner, it's cool to be able to have an audio version of the show. I saw that tour three times, and it was a pretty incredible time. I don't think they've played "Exit" since then, and that's one of my favorite U2 songs ever. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Exit" is also one of my favorite songs. The live version on the Paris album is phenomenal! Now maybe they'll play "Acrobat" sometime...

*sigh*