Monday, June 15, 2009

WHY LIVE ALBUMS RULE

I love Mojo magazine - it is my favorite mag. Their website has a pretty cool blog that recently wrote a piece about why live albums rule. I am a big fan of live albums as well. What are some of your favorites? Off the top of my head: Neil Young & Crazy Horse's Live Rust, Bob Dylan's Bootleg Series, Vol. 4, The Jimi Hendrix Experience's Live At Monterey, The Who's Live At Leeds (it has the be the remastered, expanded edition), The Allman Brothers Band's At Fillmore East, Elton John's 11-17-70, David Bowie's recently released Santa Monica '72, U2's Under A Blood Red Sky EP, James Brown's Live At The Apollo, Emmylou Harris' Spyboy, Ben Harper's Live From Mars, Iron Maiden's Maiden Japan EP, KISS Alive, and I'm probably forgetting a bunch, but those are some of them.

No comments: