Tuesday, November 3, 2009

BEST OF '09: BEN HARPER AND RELENTLESS7

Ben Harper & Relentless7's White Lies For Dark Times is one of my favorite albums of 2009 for sure. I was eagerly looking forward to it, and a bit nervous about it at the same time. I really love Ben's usual backing band, The Innocent Criminals, and hoped this would be as good. Truthfully, I don't know if I like this band as much, but this is a great album - it takes Ben in more punk and psychadelic rock directions. The band was great live: I caught one of their concerts at the Music Hall of Williamsburg, as well as a WFUV studio performance and another one at the SIRIUSXM studios. I imagine that Ben will, in the future, work with both of his bands depending on what type of music his songs call for.

Other Best of '09 albums: Bob Dylan's Together Through Life , The Cocktail Slippers' Saint Valentine's Day Massacre , Rancid's Let The Dominoes Fall, N.A.S.A.'s Spirit Of Apollo , Levon Helm's Electric Dirt , Buddy & Julie Miller's Written In Chalk

No comments: