Thursday, November 5, 2009

WHO WERE DEAD MOON?

You may not have heard of Dead Moon, but if you've seen Pearl Jam in concert, you know one of their songs, "It's OK." Often during "Daughter," Eddie Vedder goes into that song. Last weekend when I saw Pearl Jam, I saw someone with a sign saying "It's OK," and I wondered about Dead Moon. I'd heard of Dead Moon, but I never actually listened to them. I decided to check them out tonight - I looked for them on iTunes, and all there was, was a live album from 2004, Live At The Casbah. It's pretty loud, rocking garage punk. I may have to find some of their stuff from the late '80s/early '90s.

Oddly enough, today I read on Vice that two of Dead Moon's former members, singer/guitarist Fred Cole, and bassist Toddy Cole (they are married) have a new band (basically Dead Moon with a different drummer) called Pierced Arrows. That seems like a good choice for an opening act for Pearl Jam in 2010.

No comments: