Sunday, January 31, 2010

THE STOOGES, NOT THE STROKES!

Well, that was depressing! I was on Amazon, looking for some old albums by The Stooges, and on top of the results, it asked "Are you looking for The Strokes?" HELL, no!  I'm looking for The Stooges!

A few years ago, I saw both bands, back to back, at Little Steven's Underground Garage Rock Festival at Randall's Island in NYC. The last three bands of the day were, in this order, The New York Dolls, The Strokes and The Stooges. It was the Dolls' first NY gig in, like, three decades.  The Strokes were way out of their league, and lets leave it at that.

Anyway, I was looking for The Stooges, because I was listening to their 1969 self-titled album yesterday and thinking, "wasn't this remastered?" It was, in fact, a few years ago.  So I'm going to get the remasters of that album and 1970's Fun House. Those are both on Rhino, because at that point The Stooges were on Elektra. Raw Power, meanwhile, will be reissued by Sony Legacy later this year.

No comments: