Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A NOTE ON THE FTC RULING ON BLOGGERS

My undertstanding of this ruling by the Federal Trade Commission means that I have to disclose whether or not I bought an album or a concert ticket when I write about it, and that I disclose if I have any "relationship" with people at record labels when reviewing their stuff. I'm fine with that, and I'll say that I have paid for almost every album I've talked about here, and almost every concert ticket too - I do occasionally get hooked up by labels. I do have friends at many major labels.

What I want to know is, will congressmen have to make similar disclosures when, say, they oppose Barack Obama's health care plan? It might be relevant to know that, say, these guys are getting huge campaign contributions from health insurance companies.

No comments: