Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A VIDEO YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN


I've never heard of Peter Joback, and I'm not a huge fan of the British Coldplay-ish band Travis. But I have always loved their song "Sing," and Mr. Joback has a really nice version of it - it is a duet with Kate Pierson of The B-52's. And I love the animated video. So I thought you might like it too. If there were more pop songs like this, pop music would be better I think. Ms. Pierson normally sings with a bit of wink, in a sort of kitchy way - which she's great at and I love - but this is a bit more earnest, and I love that too. The video is kind of simplistic - Peter and Kate singing make people happy and less mad. But for the few minutes that it takes to watch it, I'm smiling the whole time, and wishing I could "sing" like them.

No comments: