Thursday, June 5, 2008

TIMES SQUARE VIRGIN MEGASTORE TO CLOSE

It's not really like me to be bummed over a corporate store closing, but I am a little sad that the Virgin Megastore in Times Square is closing. Over the past few years, I've enjoyed being able to walk to the store during lunch and buying CDs and magazines from there. Although, increasingly, I've been buying music from Newbury Comics, or sometimes, Amazon. I guess I'm an old-school type of dude, though: I really like going to record stores, and that just seems to be a thing of the past these days. 

1 comment:

Ian Christe said...

I know I'm in the extreme minority, but I really like their bookstore in the basement. I guess you really have to sell a lot of Lee Perry box sets to pay for 20,000sqft of retail space in Times Square...