Monday, June 2, 2008

EVEN MORE NEIL YOUNG NEWS!

Here's some not-totally confirmed Neil Young news. Of course, even "confirmed" Neil Young news isn't really confirmed - as all Neil fans know, with him, anything can change at any time and usually does. ("Eat A Peach.")

Toast: Probably out in 2009. If it comes out this year, it'll be late in the year.

Harvest Moon Live: Next year.

The Archives: This fall. After making that address at the JavaOne conference, I doubt they will appreciate him making them wait a decade for the product. And it seems like he wants to get it out now that the technology exists for him to release in a format that he's cool with.

Deja Vu: There will be a soundtrack, with complete versions of the songs heard in the film. This is cool, as there hasn't been a live album documenting a Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young tour since they reunited in 1999. I wonder if Graham Nash, the master archivist, put it together, or Neil (or Neil's people) handled it. I think post-1999 CSNY warrants its own box set, but I'll take what I can get.

Linc-Volt: Probably no soundtrack. I don't know why I thought there would be, but I imagined scenes of a car driving across the big sky country, accompanied by music like what Neil did for Dead Man (a great film score, and a cool film starring the guitarist from the band known only as P).

And here's some news that was totally new to me: there's some talk of a solo acoustic album recorded before Neil's solo debut. Wow. I would think that something like that would be part of the Archives, but maybe Neil is making some of that stuff available in seperate packages to those who don't have a Blu-Ray player and don't intend to buy one.

All in all, exciting stuff. But remember: with Neil, anything can change at any time. All part of the fun of following his path, I guess!

No comments: