Monday, June 2, 2008

TORI AMOS GOES INDIE

There are a bunch of artists out there who have a fan base that allows them to function without the usual music industry machinery. Tori Amos, for sure, is one of those artists. She's only done one arena tour (which was awesome) but she mainly plays large theaters to sold out crowds who are immune to music industry trends. So, it's no surprise that she's left Epic Records to go indie.

According to Billboard, her new album will be out in the spring of 2009, her comic book will be out in July and she's also writing a musical called The Light Princess for the British National Theater. Although I'm not as hard core as some of her fans and I don't love all of her albums equally, I consider myself a big fan of hers, and I respect her as much as I respect any artist. She means what she says and takes no crap. The people who mock her are weak and lame. I look forward to seeing what she does in the future.

No comments: