Tuesday, January 27, 2009

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN TOUR DATES

Well, they've been announced! Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band will be in U.S. arenas through April and May, stadiums in Europe in early June, then a few weeks off (during which time the Bonnaroo festival, which they are rumored to be headlining, takes place), then European stadiums in July. I predict there will be stadium runs in a few U.S. strongholds (Jersey, Boston and L.A. probably) and that'll be a wrap for this tour. Tickets for most shows go on sale the day after the Super Bowl.

Meanwhile, reviews for the album have been mixed, but I think with an artist like Bruce, some reviewers approach the album with an agenda: the reviews sometimes say more about them, and how they want to be percieved, than it does about the album. That may be true of all reviews, but I think it is moreso when it's a superstar artist. On the other hand, of course, there are people who fall over themselves trying to kiss Bruce's ass. Personally, I've heard this album two times (amazon still hasn't delivered my copy, even though it's in stores today!) and I like it a lot.

No comments: