Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"GLAD ALL OVER": THE DAVE CLARK 5's MUSIC AVAILABLE FOR LEGAL DOWNLOAD!

I've previously lamented the fact that, these days, you can't find any of The Dave Clark 5's music (legally). Last night, as they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, this was still true.

But today, I'm happy to say that it isn't anymore. I just downloaded The Dave Clark 5: The Hits from the iTunes store. 28 songs: 12 bucks. (Congratulations, music industry, you got it right.) I'd still love to see a label physically re-release their music, but at least it's now available in some form. I've enjoyed listening to these great songs, "Bits And Pieces," "Any Way You Want It," "I Like It Like That," of course "Glad All Over," and a bunch more. A very worthy $12.

On another note, Tom Hanks' great speech about the DC5 from last night really resonated with me, I was thinking about it today. The thrill of hearing music that you love on a tiny speaker on a clock radio. Or paying to hear that one song in those mini jukeboxes that used to be at the boothes at diners. I can relate. You can probably find Mr. Hanks' speech on youtube, but he really was able to describe the wonder of hearing a band that can bring genuine joy to your day, or to your life.

No comments: