Tuesday, March 18, 2008

THE RACONTEURS BIG SURPRISE!

Today, The Raconteurs announced on their website that they are releasing their next album a week from today.

I remember when I was a kid, in the pre-internet era, you often had an idea that an album was coming out, but you weren't usually sure when it would happen. You might hear a song from the album on the radio, or even see a video on MTV, but you wouldn't really know if it was out yet, or about to come out. Although I obsess over release dates, there's still something pretty cool about an album just popping up like that.

The guys in the band supposedly just handed it in to their label, and the label is working overtime to make this happen. Jack and the guys must enjoy not having to sit through months of "set-up" and doing marketing meetings, etc. Of course, only a band with a following could do something like this and expect to sell any records. And, yes, I do think that they will sell some records (or at least downloads).

All that stuff aside, I can't wait to hear the new album. And I only have to wait a week.

No comments: