Wednesday, March 26, 2008

VH1 ROCK HONORS TO HONOR THE WHO

I was glad to hear that this year's VH1 Rock Honors will be honoring just one band this year: The Who.

As far as I'm concerned, the band can't get enough accolades. I'm not sure what Rock Honors means to The Who, though: the ceremony seems to be more about bands that are popular with the fans, but lack critical respect, clearly not the problem with The Who. The show will air on July 17. I'm looking forward to it. I imagine it will be kind of like VH1's old Divas show - lots of younger artists paying tribute, and then the honoree performs as well. Let's hope that they book artists who are worthy.

KISS was one of the bands honored in the first year (along with Queen, Judas Priest and Def Leppard; Ozzy Osbourne, Genesis, Heart and ZZ Top were honored last year). I bet Gene Simmons is pissed that he didn't think of this - a show just dedicated to honoring one artist.



No comments: