Tuesday, March 3, 2009

MICHAEL JACKSON TO PERFORM?

Rumors flying around that Michael Jackson is going to announce some UK performances at the O2 dome. I don't know if it is too late for Michael: if he can actually remind people why the world cared in the first place: because he was an incredible performer. Can he still sing? Or dance? Will his face fall apart if he tries?

One might think that because No Expiration is a "rock" blog that I'd want to mock Michael. Sorry. I love great pop music and Michael's Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad and Dangerous albums were all great. But I think he may be too far gone in many respects to make people care about anything other than his spectacle again. I definitely don't think he could do the mind-blowing shows that I've seen by Prince (or that I've heard Madonna) has done in recent years. I'd be happy if he could even pull off a "greatest hits" type thing like Stevie Wonder does, but I doubt he would be as great as Stevie.

No comments: