Wednesday, March 18, 2009

THE NEW YORK DOLLS RETURN WITH CAUSE I SEZ SO MAY 5

Great news!  The New York Dolls reunion is still going strong! They're reunited with producer Todd Rundgren, who produced their classic 1973 self-titled debut album for Cause I Sez So, due out in May. Their 2006 reunion album, One Day It Will Please Us To Remember Even This, was one of the best reunion albums ever - no mean feat as it included only two original members, singer David Johansen and guitarist Sylvian Sylvain. I saw their first U.S. gig after they reunited -- at Little Steven's Underground Garage Rock Festival in 2004 I think it was -- and they killed.  That's actually what originally turned me on to them. I saw their own gig at Irving Plaza a few years later, which was also awesome. So, I'm glad they are still together. And by the way, you should check out Johansen's weekly radio show on SIRIUS XM's The Loft channel. 

No comments: