Tuesday, March 31, 2009

SORRY PAULA ABDUL

I'm not a big American Idol watcher, but I do catch bits and pieces sometimes. I feel bad for Paula Abdul and the way people make fun of her, uh, enthusiastic behavior.  And if she likes younger guys (allegedly), what's wrong with that?  Older guys go for younger women all the time.   I interviewed her and Randy Jackson once (yo, he's played for Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen, so step off) and it was really fun and they were both super cool. 

But she compared some really lame singer tonight to Mick Jagger and Steven Tyler. I don't hate on Idol contestants, but that is crazy.  It was really, really, awful.  I was surprised that Simon didn't beat him up over that. That said, the guy who went next and did Bill Withers' "Ain't No Sunshine," which was really really great. 

Oh yeah, and some kid said that he liked rock bands like The Fray.  Whatever, Idol isn't meant for me.  

No comments: