Monday, April 6, 2009

DEATH TO FALSE METAL?

Back in the day when I was a huge Anthrax fan, there were a few things I really liked about them. Great songs, really heavy sound, they seemed not to be "typical" metal, they had really weird influences (including hip-hop), and they were not a corny glam metal band. A few years ago I was shocked to find out they were opening for a band they are far superior to: motley crue. They ended up being dropped from the tour because the crew couldn't afford to pay them. And let's face it, their hair metal fans probably weren't into Anthrax anyway.  So I was bummed and surprised to find out they are playing the super cornball Rocklahoma festival with Twisted Sister, Kix, Nelson and Great White. Lame. But I'm still looking forward to checking out the new Anthrax album, which is their first with lead singer #4, Dan Nelson

No comments: