Tuesday, April 28, 2009

PEARL JAM, DAVE MATTHEWS BAND AND BEASTIE BOYS HEADLINE AUSTIN CITY LIMITS

I don't report about all of the festivals - everyone else does, and I don't really go to them, so I don't have much to add. But I have attended the Austin City Limits Music Festival twice, and it is awesome. This year they have a pretty great lineup: Pearl Jam, The Beastie Boys and The Dave Matthews Band are headlining. Oddly, all three are also headlining San Francisco's Outside Lands Festival. ACL will also feature Kings Of Leon, who I am warming up to a bit (I still think they're kind of overrated), Ben Harper and Relentless7, Thievery Corporation, John Legend, The Dead Weather, Levon Helm, Sonic Youth, Mos Def, The Toadies (!), Flogging Molly, The B-52's, Arctic Monkeys, Coheed & Cambria, Clutch and Spearhead, among others. It used to be a bit more roots-oriented (appropo for Austin) and seems to have lost that a bit, but it is still a great lineup.

2 comments:

Will said...

As soon as I heard that Pearl Jam might be there, I started making plans to go. I can't wait.

B. Ives said...

thanks for writing Will. Yeah, Pearl Jam playing that festival really brings it to a different level. it would be cool if some of the guys also did gigs with outside projects (Brad, Jeff's solo thing) on the days that they aren't playing.