Tuesday, April 14, 2009

ALICE IN CHAINS: NEW ALBUM FINISHED

Alice In Chains have reported, via thier website, that they have finished work on thier new album, which is their first with new singer William DuVall. As I mentioned before, I have never seen this version of Alice In Chains, but I did see Jerry Cantrell's solo band, which featured DuVall on guitar and vocals, and they did a bunch of AIC songs, and it was awesome. I just don't know how I feel about Alice without Layne Staley.

I've actually been listening to the band lately. Their albums (up until Alice In Chains) were incredible, just so powerful. I've also been listening to the Music Box box set, which has some of their early demos. I think they used to be called "Alice 'N' Chains" (a la Guns N' Roses) and they were kind of a cross between GNR and Van Halen. I think their manager Susan Silver (also Soundgarden's manager, now Chris Cornell's ex-wife) helped steer them in a cooler direction. Also, Dave Jerden, who worked with Jane's Addiction, produced thier debut, Facelift, and gave them a much more muscular sound. But man, listen to Facelift, Sap, Dirt and Jar of Flies, they are all awesome.

No comments: