Tuesday, April 7, 2009

SIMON & GARFUNKEL TO HIT THE ROAD

Paul Simon recently played a pair of gigs to celebrate the re-opening of the awesome Beacon Theater in NYC, and at one of them, Art Garfunkel joined him for a few songs, leading to the usual rumors. Well, they are hitting the road this year to play Australia and New Zealand. I imagine they'll probably come back to the U.S. at some point as well. Paul has said that this really would probably be their last big run, since they are both closing in on 70. I saw the last reunion tour, and I went in with a fair amount of skepticism, but they were great. The most powerful part of the night was their rendition of Paul's solo classic "American Tune" (for my money, his best song).

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Gotta Love Simon and Garfunkel!! I still have their old CdS and listen to them all the time. I can't wait to see the interview with them on msg's beacon theater special tomorrow night at 10pm...there will be a lot of good interviews but none like SIMON!!
check it out: Beacon Theater Stars