Tuesday, April 28, 2009

LARS ULRICH MEETS RACHEL MADDOW

I'm a big fan of Rachel Maddow. I also love Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert, and I consider them far more credible than most "serious" news people. But where Stewart and Colbert are really like Tina Fey and the best "Weekend Update" hosts on SNL, it is pretty easy to parody TV news people. Almost all of them are ridiculous. Madow on the other hand, takes the more daunting challenge of becoming an actual news program host and making it credible. Why am I writing about this on No Expiration? As an intro to her interview with Lars Ulrich of Metallica. It's really interesting - more for her introduction of them, and her explanation of how much they mean to her, than for what Lars says (although he comes off well). Check it out here (thanks to the Daily Swarm). I think the interview may have gone differently if it had been James Hetfield!

No comments: