Thursday, April 23, 2009

MY THOUGHTS ON SUSAN BOYLE

I figured I had to write about the whole Susan Boyle thing. Like most other people with a heart, I was totally moved by the performance, even though I don't like that kind of music. I see no reason for a "backlash" against her. I don't think the performance was faked, and I don't think the judges knew about her before she came on stage (contestants for these shows are screened by the shows producers, or judges hired by the producers -- they most likely let the very best and very humorously worst contestants through. Obviously the judges would realize what a great splash Susan Boyle would make). I think it's a bummer that, even though millions of people have viewed her performance on YouTube, she hasn't made any money. Hopefully she'll get some kind of record deal, the fame won't destroy her, and she'll have a better life. 

No comments: