Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"THE INNER LIGHT"

Tomorrow night, between 7:00 and 7:30 pm ET, I'll be guesting again on SIRIUS XM's The Catholic Channel. This time, I'll be talking about George Harrison. Even if you're not a subscriber, you can get a free trial and listen online - find out how at www.sirius.com/freetrial.

The older I get, the more I appreciate George. Even though I don't share his religious views, I do think his songs expressed a spirituality that anyone can appreciate. In particular, his acceptance that all things come to an end - or as he put it, "must pass" - is a beautiful way of looking at things. His song "All Things Must Pass" is one of my favorites. Like last time, I'm only allowed to pick a few songs, and I'm actually not choosing any Beatles songs: two solo tracks and one from The Traveling Wilburys. I recently lost someone close to me (a pet who meant the world to me) and listening to George's music actually helped me to deal with it.

No comments: